The Language of Love, Lust, Sexand All the Many-Splendored Things in Between in Teenspeak - Jockspeak - Menglish - Slanglish - Spanglish Gaylese - Americanese - Britspeak - Ozslang - Funetic Populo-Vulgar Speech - T-Shirt & Net Shorthand Pompo-Verbosity & other Figurative Lingos
|Dictionaries:||Sexual Dictionary||Dictionary of the F-Word|
Quote: Casanova. History of my Life . Translation by William R. Trask (1966) Preface:
(1) First line : ' I begin by declaring to my reader that, by everything good or bad that I have done throughout my life , I am sure that I have earned merit or incurred guilt, and that hence I must consider myself a free agent .'
(2) ' Though man is free, he must not believe that he is free to do whatever he pleases. He becones a slave as soon as he decides to act when he is moved by some passion . Nisi paret imperat ('Unless it obeys, it commands.' Horace). He who has the strength to defer acting until he is calm again is the wise man . Such a being is rare .'
(3) Last line : ' For my part, since I have always admitted that I was the chief cause of all the misfortunes which have befallen me, I have rejoiced in my ability to be my own pupil, and in my duty to love my teacher .'
2. Or: casanova / a proper Casanova , a real ladies'-man , a great-lover , a skilled seducer of many women, especially one who brags about his female conquests. See ladies'-man and philanderer for synonyms.
3. A promiscuous man who seduces women to inflate his ego.
4. He's no-Casanova , not the lover type.
Link to this page:
carrying a torch
carrying all before her
carrying on an affair
carrying on with someone
carrying the bass drum
carrying the flag
|carrying weight |
| Casanovas rubber sock|
case of spoons, a
| cash a check|
cash and carried
cash in the food stamps of love