The Language of Love, Lust, Sex
and All the Many-Splendored Things in Between in Teenspeak - Jockspeak - Menglish - Slanglish - Spanglish
Gaylese - Americanese - Britspeak - Ozslang - Funetic
Populo-Vulgar Speech - T-Shirt & Net Shorthand
Pompo-Verbosity & other Figurative Lingos
1. The place where some homosexual men and women hide , figuratively speaking, their sexual-orientation .
See also: come-out-of-the-closet ; stay-in-the-closet ; wear-a-mourning-veil .
2. To conceal one's homosexuality to oneself and/or to others. Synonym: in-the-closet . Come out of the closet means to acknowledge one's homosexuality , to come to terms with one's sexual-orientation and to live true to one's sexuality.
3. To refuse to associate with known homosexuals for fear of being discovered.
(1) Franky/Francesca (Ione Skye) to her gay cousin who lied to his father about having a girlfriend in Dream for an Insomniac (1999): ' Is it a little stuffy in that closet there, Roberto? '
(2) Graffiti or slogan: ' The closet is an awful place to die .'
See Also: canned fruit, closet, the, eyeball the back of the closet door, go public, W.C., tenderfoot, covert homosexual, dunny, wear a mourning veil, in the closet, iron closet, jump out with both feet, closet queer, out, dry queen, hidden queen, washroom faggot, privy queen, queerie, throne queen, toilet queen, Toilet Tessie, confused, outed, Stonewall Uprising, The, stool pigeon, T-room queen, tea room queen, tearoom queen, bring out (of the closet), closeted, cedarchest sissy, closet dyke, let one's hair down, debut, angel with a dirty face, Johnny Queen, jump out of the closet, closet gay, closet queen, closet case, come out, in the life, Bluebeard, breeder,
Dictionary of Sexual Terms - 24150 terms and expressions, 3500 quotes, 47000 synonyms
Dictionary of the F-Word - 865 terms and expressions 200 quotes, 2200 synonyms
Copyright © 2012 Technobusiness Ltd.