Sexual DictionaryDictionary of the F-Word
dandy:1. Originally, in the 18-19 th century, a well-dressed man , a fop or fashionably dressed man .
2. In the late-19 th and early-20 th century, it also referred to a flamboyant gay male, the stereotype of the effeminate homosexual . This expression is becoming obsolescent and is rarely heard today.
See Also: cornification, Jack and Dandy, Jack and Danny, randy
Quotes Containing dandy:
George M . Cohan (James Cagney) in Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942):''The road to happiness is paved with heartbreaks and stones .''
Link to this page:
- dance in the sheets
- dance on the mattress
- dance the beginning of the world
- dance the blanket hornpipe
- dance the buttocks jig
- dance the goat's jig
- dance the married man's cotillion
- dance the matrimonial polka
- dance the mattress jig
- dance the miller's reel