have chemistry:Of two people, to feel mutual attraction.
(1) Lena Yakushova 'Ninotchka' (Greta Garbo), a Soviet envoy to Paris, to Count Leon Bressart (Melvyn Douglas) in Ninotchka (1939): ' Love is a romantic designation for a most ordinary, biological, or shall we say chemical, process. A lot of nonsense is talked and written about it .'
(2) Val (Wendy Barrie) and Simon Templar (George Sanders) in The Saint Strikes Back (1939)
-- Val: ' I dislike you intensely .'
-- Saint: ' Oh, no , you don't. You're really very fond-of me .'
-- Val: ' Why should I be fond you you? '
-- Saint: ' Tell me and you'll answer the riddle of the world . My dear Val, that's what has made history, literature, and even chemistry . A man and a woman .'
(3) Isabel Lorrison (Ava Gardner) to Brandon Bourne (James Mason) in East Side, West Side (1949): ' Maybe it wasn't love , maybe it was only chemistry , or the right combination, or a miracle, but most people drag through their whole lives without finding it .'
(4) Jan Morrow (Doris Day) and Jonathan Forbes (Tony Randall) in Pillow Talk (1959):
-- Jan: ' Jonathan, I just don't happen to love you .'
-- Jonathan: ' How do you know? Love isn't an opinion, it's a chemical reaction .'
(5) Mark (Dabney Coleman) and Darcy (Patti D'Arbanville) in Modern Problems (1981):
-- Mark: ' I seem to know instinctively when two people have the right chemistry and as far as I'm concerned, you and I, we're magic .'
-- Darcy: ' Well, then, I'll just disappear .'
See Also: acomovulvate, anorchid, blah-faced, chemistry, click right off the bat, enosiophobia, girlish, lard ass, leggy, limp-wristed, on the razzle, riding in another mans saddle, scrotal, studly, teated, teretophallic
Link to this page:
- have a tumble
- have a tuna sandwich
- have a turn on one's back
- have a visitor
- have a wank
- have a watermelon on the vine
- have a wet
- have a wet dream
- have a yearning for
- have a yen for
- have Chinese singing lesson
- have coition
- have coitus with
- have esteem for
- have eyes for
- have eyes only for
- have flapperitis
- have fondness for
- have fun
- have fun with