The Language of Love, Lust, Sexand All the Many-Splendored Things in Between in Teenspeak - Jockspeak - Menglish - Slanglish - Spanglish Gaylese - Americanese - Britspeak - Ozslang - Funetic Populo-Vulgar Speech - T-Shirt & Net Shorthand Pompo-Verbosity & other Figurative Lingos
|Dictionaries:||Sexual Dictionary||Dictionary of the F-Word|
(1) Albert Einstein: ' Imagination is more important than knowledge .'
(2) Jane Parker (Maureen O'Sullivan) to Martin Arlington (Paul Cavanaugh) after changing from her skimpy costume of skins into a Paris evening gown in Tarzan and His Mate (1934): ' Woman's greatest weapon is man's imagination .'
(3) Sherlock Holmes (Basil Rathbone) in The Hound of the Baskervilles (1939): 'There's no doubt in my mind or perhaps I should say in my imagination for that's where crimes are conceived and where they are solved.'
(4) Kris Kringle (Edmund Gwenn) to Susan Walker (Natalie Wood) in Miracle on 34th Street (1947): ' The imagination is a place all by itself. A separate country . Now, you've heard of the French nation? The British nation? Well, this is the imagi-nation. It's a wonderful place . How would like to be able to make snowballs in the summertime?... The first thing you've got to learn is how to pretend .' He then shows her how to pretend being a monkey .
(5) Miguel de Cervantes/Alonso Quijana (Peter O'Toole) in Man of La Mancha (1972): 'Poetry demands imagination and with imagination you may discover a dream.'
(6) Paul Poitier-Kitteridge (Will Smith) to Ouisa Kitteridge (Stockard Channing) in Six Degrees of Separation (1993): ' The imagination. It's there to sort out your nightmare, to show you the exit from the maze of your nightmare, to transform the nightmare into dreams that become your bedrock. If we do not listen to that voice, it dies. It shrivels. It vanishes. Imagination is not our escape. The imagination is the place we are all trying to get to .'
(7) Kate ( Bonnie Hunt ) and Faith (Marisa Tomei) in Only You (1994):
-- Kate: ' I saw a psychiatrist on Donahue say that love songs are just a cruel hoax that feed people's fantasies. Romance on a daily basis? Nobody has that .'
-- Faith: ' But, Kate, somebody wrote those songs. They come-out of somebody's experience .'
-- Kate: ' No, I think the come-out of somebody's imagination .'
(8) The Bible. From Genesis (8:21): ' For the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth .'
(9) Joseoh Conrad: ' Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art, as of life .'
Link to this page:
ignite the lightsaber
in a certain condition
in a delicate condition