The Language of Love, Lust, Sex
and All the Many-Splendored Things in Between in Teenspeak - Jockspeak - Menglish - Slanglish - Spanglish
Gaylese - Americanese - Britspeak - Ozslang - Funetic
Populo-Vulgar Speech - T-Shirt & Net Shorthand
Pompo-Verbosity & other Figurative Lingos
make love to:
1. To flirt , to woo someone. See: make-love .
2. Or: make-love-with , to have sexual-intercourse with (someone). See copulation for synonyms.
(1) Gaston (Louis Jordan) to Gigi (Leslie Caron) in Gigi (1958): ' The only people who make-love all the time are liars .'
(2) Mrs. Flax (Cher) to her daughter Charlotte (Winona Ryder) learning to drive in Mermaids (1990): ' Charlotte, you drive like old people make-love .'
(3) Dolworth (Burt Lancaster) in The Professionals (1966): ' Do you realise people are the only animals who make-love face to face .'
(4) Barbara (Kathleen Turner) and Gavin (Danny DeVito) in The War of the Roses (1989):
-- Barbara Rose: 'Have you ever made angry love?'
-- Gavin D'Amato: 'Is there any other way?'
(5) Shyster lawyer Roland T. Flakfizer (John Torturo) flirting with the wealthy and older Mrs. Lilian Oglethorpe (Nancy Marchand) in Brain Donors (1992):
-- Roland: ' Mrs. Oglethorpe, you look wonderful. I could make-love to you right here and now .'
-- Lilian: ' Roland, please! Let's keep this on a professional level .'
-- Roland: ' Very well then. I'll charge you fifty bucks a pop .'
(6) Harris B . Telemaker (Steve Martin) going away for the weekend with the much younger and not too bright SanDeE (Sarah Jessica Parker) in L.A. Story (1991):
-- Harris: ' SanDeE, I think it should just be a vacation , good friends. I don't think we should make-love . All right? '
-- SanDeE: ' OK. We'll just have-sex .'
(7) Regina (Mimi Rogers) telling prison guard Collin Reeve (Billy Zane) about the husband she killed accidentally in Reflections in the Dark (1995): ' I loved him. God I loved him, and he loved me, desperately, completely, well, as best he could for a man who only knew how to make-love in a bed . At least he said it was love . He always said the right thing .'
(8) Annie Savoy's (Susan Sarandon) voice over monologue at the beginning of Bull Durham (1988): ' Making love is like hitting a baseball. You've just got to relax and concentrate .'
(9) Gershon Legman (1963): ' Make love , not war .'
(10) Pro birth-control slogan: ' Make love , not babies .'
See Also: making bishops, Ars Amandi, making whoopee, make out, make-out artist, post-coital tristesse, melting moments, chase the brown clown around the town, amatory pleasures, amatorial, acousticophilia, make love, amorous, make love to, love that dare not speak its name, the, tropophobia, besotted, infatuation, roses and raptures, screamplay, scum dump, proof shot, oscula me, three-way woman, poon light, pop shot, m-and-g track, stickspin, suck, fuck, tickle balls and rim, It's not the bull they're afraid of, it's the calf, jizzer, gyno shot, horn work, bird song, breather, banns, bans, cockbiter, cecum condom, crotch rope, dolled up, dermagraphism, fence painting, fifi bag, wad sop, zine, lovesick, love, love's fruits, lose one's heart, miseries, the, moon-eyed, moonstruck, moony about, moony for, moony over, have affection for, have one's heart doing back flips, have one's heart doing flip-flips, have that funny feeling, have the miseries, have the tremors, heart-stricken, in deep, grande passion, swept off one's feet, Si vis amari, ama, silly about, softening of the hearters, taken with, tenth word in a telegram, perpetual emotion, philophobia, mal d'amour, set one's cap for, cracked on, feel that way, dizzy over, far gone on, flip over for, go overboard, gone case, gooey over, eternal wound, the, fall in a big way, Cupid dances on his/her eyelids, Cupids cramp, dead nuts on, carrying a torch, cause of causes, con amore, batty about, be crazy about, be cuckoo over, be gone on, be goofy about, be hot for, be infatuated with, be swept off one's feet, calf love, caritas, blind love, amour fou, amour socratique, attachment, ache for, amatory, all shaky-shivery, Amantium irae, amoris integratio est, that certain gleam in one's eyes, voomish, wacky about, whoopee, agapism, Amor vincit omnia, carry the torch, goofy, torch carrier, pulse accelerator, pulse upperer, hand-raised, handmade, necking, go down on (someone), agape, brotherly love, Bohemian love, billy-doo, amor sui, god of love, goo-goo eyes, far goner, contrectophilia, love drink, love-god, twirl, thanatophilia, T.L.C., zoophilist, sexlove, triangle, philter, Platonic love, loveless, in the throes of (love), fling, affaire d'amour, carry a torch, Christine Jorgensen, Jorgensen, latex condom, sexed up, idealization, in love, fall in love (with),
Dictionary of Sexual Terms - 24150 terms and expressions, 3500 quotes, 47000 synonyms
Dictionary of the F-Word - 865 terms and expressions 200 quotes, 2200 synonyms
Copyright © 2012 Technobusiness Ltd.