misogyny:Or: misogynism , hatred of women, by either women or men. Antonym: philogyny .
(1) Rockland (John Wayne) in Tall in the Saddle (1944): ' I never feel sorry for anything that happens to a woman .'
(2) ' People ask me how many children I have and I say one boy and seven mistakes .' Muhammed Ali quoted in Tama Starr's The "Natural Inferiority" of Women (1991)
(3) Groucho Marx: ' Women should be obscene and not heard .' The full quote, from his 1941 interview with Marjorie White (From the video Gabe Kaplan as Groucho (1982)): 'As far as I'm concerned women should be obscene and not heard .' As far as I'm concerned women should be obscene and not heard. A similar opinion is expressed by Phil Silvers as movie mogul W.B. Warkoff in The Happy Hooker Goes Hollywood (1980): ' I think women should be felt and not heard .'
(4) Zeke (Tully Marshall) to Breck Coleman (John Wayne) in The Big Trail (1931): ' Well, you can never tell how a woman feels by the way she acts. They're's all riddles all of 'em. And you just gotta guess 'em. And no matter which way you guess, you're wrong .'
(5) Jim Bridger (Tully Marshall) about Felice (Lily Damita) making eyes at Clint Belmet (Gary Cooper) in Fighting Caravans (1931): ' Look at her! A-wiggling and a-pouting and a-butting up with that rubber mouth of hers just like a snake putting a spell on a bird .'
(7) Cleopatra (Claudette Colbert) and Marc Anthony (Henry Wilcoxon) in Cleopatra (1934):
-- Cleopatra: ' What's this? Anthony hates women too? '
-- Marc Anthoiny: ' Out of their place I do . They've no place amongst men. They can't think and they can't fight. They're just playthings for us .'
(8) Peter Warne (Clark Gable) to Ellie's (Claudette Colbert) father Alexander Andrews (Walter Connelly) in It Happened One Night (1934): ' What she needs is a guy who'd take a sock at her once a day whether she deserves it or not .'
(9) Old Atrocity (Walter Brennan) speaking of Mary Rutledge/Swan (Miriam Hopkins) in Barbary Coast (1935): ' She can be the orneriest critter! '
Link to this page:
- minge week
- mingle with
- Minnesota strip
- minor lips (of the vagina)
- minus a pinus