The Language of Love, Lust, Sexand All the Many-Splendored Things in Between in Teenspeak - Jockspeak - Menglish - Slanglish - Spanglish Gaylese - Americanese - Britspeak - Ozslang - Funetic Populo-Vulgar Speech - T-Shirt & Net Shorthand Pompo-Verbosity & other Figurative Lingos
|Dictionaries:||Sexual Dictionary||Dictionary of the F-Word|
(1) Thornton Melon's (Rodney Dangerfield) graduation speech in Back to School (1986): ' It's a jungle out there. You've got to look out for number one... but don't step in number-two .'
(2) Penguin/Oswald Cobblepot (Danny De Vito) because his parents threw him in the sewers Batman Returns (1992): ' I was their number one son and they treated me like number-two .'
2. One's own self.
3. To be number one / numero uno , to be-the-first or the best at something.
(1) Lone Star (Bill Pullman) in Spaceballs (1987): ' I'm numero uno on Dark Helmet's hit list .'
(2) Lionel Twain (Truman Capote), claiming to be the greatest detective, and Sam Diamond (Peter Falk) in Murder by Death (1976):
-- Lionel: ' Look at me! I'm the greatest! I'm number one! '
-- Sam: ' To me you look like number-two . Know what I mean? '
4. Look after number one / take care of number one , to look after one's-own interests.
5. My number one , one's sweetheart .