rejection:To refuse as lover , spouse , or friend; to rebuff; to deny acceptance, love , etc.; to cast off .
(3) Joe Anton (George Raft) to high-society Miss Healy (Constance Cummings) who, earlier in the movie, compared him to a pirate in Night After Night (1932): ' You're just nothing to me, just nothing at all. And if I was a pirate and had you on my ship, I wouldn't toss you to the crew .'
(4) Bo-Peep (Charlotte Henry) to Silas Barnaby (Henry Kleinach) in March of the Wooden Soldiers (1934): ' I wouldn't marry you if you were young, which you can't be, if you were honest, but you never were, or if you were about to die tomorrow, which is too much to hope for .'
(5) Lucy Warrimer (Irene Dunne) to her soon to be ex-husband Jerry (Cary Grant) in The Awful Truth (1937): ' I wouldn't go on living with you if you were dipped in platinum .'
(10) Angel (Gloria Grahame) about Sebastian (Cornel Wilde) in The Greatest Show on Earth (1952): ' I wouldn't want him if he was dipped in gold dust .'
(12) Eugenia Lampert (Audrey Hepburn) and Peter Joshua (Cary Grant) in Charade (1963):
-- Reggie: ' Don't you dare be civil with me after leading me on like this .'
-- Peter: ' How did I lead you on?'
-- Reggie: ' All that marvellous rejection. You knew I couldn't resist it .'
(14) Hillary Kramer (Barbra Streisand) to Eddie Scanlon (Ryan O'Neil) in The Main Event (1979): ' You're missing the point , kid. You're just not my type. You like women, I like men .'
(16) Horny teenager Buddy Griffith (Billy Jacoby) and Denise (Toni Hudson) in Just One of the Boys (1985):
-- Buddy: ' Hey, Denise, what's the rush? We're young, we're wild. Let's be young and wild together .'
-- Denise: ' I'd rather get the phone book and pick a name at random .'
(17) Lester (Alan Alda) flirting with Holly (Mia Farrow) in Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989):
-- Lester Rosenthal: ' If you play your cards right you could have my body .'
-- Holly Reed: ' Wouldn't you rather leave it to science .'
(19) Alex(andra) Medford (Cher) to Daryl Van Horne (Jack Nicholson) in The Witches of Eastwick (1987): ' I will try to be as direct and honest with you as I possibly can . I think, no , I am positive, that you are the most unattractive man I have ever met in my entire life . You know , in the short time that we have been together you have demonstrated every loathsome characteristics of the male personality and even discovered a few new ones. You are physically repulsive, intellectually retarded, you're morally reprehensible, vulgar , insensitive, selfish, stupid. You have no taste, a lousy sense of humor and you smell. You're not even interesting enough to make me sick .'
(20) Celeste Talbert (Sally Field) to Jeffrey Anderson (Kevin Kline) in Soapdish (1991): ' I have feelings ABOUT you, not FOR you. There's a difference .'
(21) Producer-director Oscar Jaffe (John Barrymore) about stage star Lily Garland/Mildred Plotka (Carole Lombard) in Twentieth Century (1934): ' I wouldn't take that woman back if she and I were the last people in the world ... and the future of the human race depended on it .'
(22) Sugarpuss O'Shea (Barbara Stanwyck) to Professor Bertram Potts (Gary Cooper) in Ball of Fire (1941): 'Shove in your clutch, professor .'
Quotes Containing rejection:
Eugenia Lampert (Audrey Hepburn) and Peter Joshua (Cary Grant) in Charade (1963): - Reggie: 'Don't you dare be civil with me after leading me on like this.' - Peter Joshua: 'How did I lead you on?' - Reggie: 'All that marvellous rejection . You knew I couldn't resist it .'
Ted (Lawrence Monoson) in Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984): 'Jimbo, calling Betty is definitely a dead fuck thing to do .Look, first rule of love : never get rejected by the same girl twice, I mean that's useless. If you want to make a fool out of yourself, always do-it with someone new.' SOMETIMES MEANNESS AND REJECTION IS FLIRTING IN DISGUISE
Noelle Slusarsky (Uma Thurman) and Dr. Abby Barnes (Janeane Garofalo) in The Truth About Cats and Dogs (1996): - Noelle: 'Disappointment doesn't kill.' - Abby: 'Right. Rejection kills. Disappointment only maims.'
Link to this page:
- red-light districk
- red-light house
- red-light sister
- red-light worker
- redingote d'Angleterre