sex appealing:Or: sexually-appealing , to be sexually attractive ; to have sex-appeal .
(1) Jake Callahan (Lynne Overman) about Billy Flynn (Adolphe Menjou) in Roxie Hart (1942): ' Sex appeal rises from him like a cloud of steam .'
(2) Junior (Bob Hope) and Ebeneezer (Paul E. Burns) speaking about Mike (Jane Russell) a performer in Son of Paleface (1952):
-- Junior: ' She's really got it! '
-- Ebeneezer: ' She's got what? '
-- Junior: ' I don't know but if we could bottle it we could make a fortune .'
(4) Dorinda Durston (Holly Hunter) about Ted Baker (Brad Johnson) in Always (1989): ' He's too beautiful. He's too much twisted steel and sex-appeal . I can't be with a guy who looks like I won him in a raffle .'
(5) Celeste Talbert (Sally Field) to Rose Schwartz (Whoopi Goldberg) in Soapdish (1991):
-- Celeste: ' Adam went home to his wife ... He went home to Pittsburgh .'
-- Rose: ' Dirty town .'
-- Celeste: ' Pittsburgh! Does that tell you anything about my appeal? '
(6) Chrissy (Rita Wilson) and Roberta (Rosie O'Donnell) looking at the magazine cover featuring Teeny Terrell (Melanie Griffith) in Now and Then (1995):
-- Chrissy: ' Can you believe this tramp? Now what is it that she has that gets people so excited? '
-- Roberta: ' Long legs, a tiny waist and perky breasts .'
(7) Sophia Loren: ' Sex appeal is 50% what you've got and 50% what people think you've got .'
Synonyms: allure, appeal, attraction, attractiveness, beefcake (male s.a.), charm, cheesecake, come-on, dissa-and-datta, enticement, erotic-charm, es-ay, fascination, get-together-principle,-the, have-plenty-of-snap-in-her-garter, have-a-lot-of-what-s/he's-got, have-IT-in-a-big-way, have-IT-in-large-gobs, have-IT-in-large-helpings, have-plenty-of-this-and-that, have-plenty-of-what-s/he's-got, invitingness, it (IT or It), it-and-that, it-and-more, It-ness, ittiness, ittishness, lovableness, magnetism, (the) makings, masculine quotient (male s.a.), mmph, MQ (male s.a.), myeh, nyeh, old-stuff,-the, oomph, pleasurableness, pull, runcible, S.A. (sex appeal), SAM (sex appeal and magnetism), seductiveness, sex-apple, sex-stuff, sex-voltage, sextraction, sexual attractiveness, sexiness, sizzle, skin, steamy, stuff, that-certain-something, that-thing, thata, these-and-those, this-and-that, thisa-and-thata, umph, what-it-takes, winsomeness, X-appeal, yumph, Related terms:, carry-a-lot-of-heat, carry-plenty-of-heat, put-the-S.A.-in-U.S.A., turn-it-on, turn-on-the-heat
See Also: 120 in the shade, ad feminam, babette, ball of fire, barbecue, beddable, bedworthy, beefcake, beefcakes, carry a lot of heat, carry plenty of heat, cheesecake, come on, contrary sex, deadlier of the species, dissa and datta, eating stuff, erotic charm, es-ay, get together principle, the, Greek god, has-been, have a lot of what s/he's got, have it in a big way, have it in large gobs, have it in large helpings, have plenty of snap in her garter, have plenty of this and that, have plenty of what s/he's got, it, it and more, it and that, It girl, It-ness, ittiness, ittish, ittishness, itty, lunchmeat, makings, the, masculine quotient, mmph, MQ, myeh, nyeh, old stuff, the, oomph, prurient interest, pulchritude, pull, put the S.A. in U.S.A., runcible, S.A., SAM, scorcher, sex appeal, sex appealing, sex appealitty, sex apple, sex bunny, sex goddess, sex icon, sex stuff, sex symbol, sex voltage, sexed, sexicon, sexiness, sexobatics, sextraction, sextractive, sexual icon, sexually appealing, shaggable, Sheba, Sheik, sinfully handsome, sizzle, sizzler, skin, socks appeal, spark, sparker, squaw man, steamy, stuff, tasty, that certain something, that thing, thata, these and those, this and that, thisa and thata, transexion, turn it on, turn on the heat, umph, vamp, wasp waist, weaker vessel, the, what it takes, X-appeal, yumph
Link to this page:
- setting the oysters
- settle down
- seven dials
- seven digits
- seven year itch
- sew up
- sewed up