true love:Mature love-in distinction to infatuation or puppy-love . See love for synonyms.
(2) Oliver (Walter Connelly) and Owen (Roscoe Karns) speaking of stage director Oscar Jaffe's (John Barrymore) obsession with Lily Garland/Mildred Plotka (Carole Lombard) in Twentieth Century (1934):
-- Oliver Webb: ' Do you know how much he paid for long distance calls to Hollywood last year? Eighteen hundred bucks! And she hung-up-on him every time .'
-- Owen O'Malley: ' In some Humpty Dumpty way that was true love .'
(3) Sentence completed by Macaulay Connor (James Stewart) in The Philadelphia Story (1940):
(5) Sheila Kingston's (Rosie O'Donnell) voice over commentary at the end of Exit to Eden (1994): ' So, what did I learn from this case? No matter what your sexual-preference is true love is still the ultimate fantasy .'
(6) John Boys (James LeGros) about his promiscuous girlfriend Jessica (Lisa Zane) in Floundering (1994): ' If you want someone to fulfill an image and they don't you are eventually going to have a big, big problem with who they really are. I thought true love conquered all. That's the supreme fiction. If you walk into a room and find yourself instantly attracted to someone there, get the fuck-out of that room because that is the wrong person for you .'
See Also: ache for, adelophilia, affaire d'amour, agape, agapism, all shaky-shivery, Amantium irae, amoris integratio est, amatory, amatory pleasures, amor sui, Amor vincit omnia, amorous, amour fou, amour socratique, apple of one's eye, attachment, batty about, be crazy about, be cuckoo over, be gone on, be goofy about, be hot for, be infatuated with, be swept off one's feet, beat of one's heart, beloved, billy-doo, blind love, Bohemian love, brotherly love, calf love, caritas, carry a torch, carry the torch, carrying a torch, cause of causes, con amore, contrectophilia, cracked on, cream in one's coffee, Cupid dances on his/her eyelids, Cupids cramp, dead nuts on, dizzy over, eternal wound, the, fall in a big way, far gone on, far goner, feel that way, fling, flip over for, furilla, give a blow-by-blow, go overboard, god of love, gone case, goo-goo eyes, gooey over, goofy, grande passion, have affection for, have one's heart doing back flips, have one's heart doing flip-flips, have that funny feeling, have the miseries, have the tremors, heart's desire, heart-stricken, heartthrob, hermaphroditus verus, in deep, in the throes of (love), light of one's eyes, light of one's life, light-o'-love, light-of-love, lose one's heart, love, love drink, love of one's life, the, love's fruits, love-god, loved one, lovee, loveless, lovesick, mal d'amour, miseries, the, moon-eyed, moonstruck, moony about, moony for, moony over, object of one's affection, one and only, one's everything, one's own, onliest, perpetual emotion, philophobia, philter, pink tea, Platonic love, roses and raptures, set one's cap for, sexlove, Si vis amari, ama, silly about, soft spot, softening of the hearters, sweetheart, swept off one's feet, T.L.C., taken with, tenth word in a telegram, thanatophile, thanatophilia, that certain gleam in one's eyes, torch carrier, TPE, triangle, true love, truegendered, truelove, truelover's knot, twirl, urban legend, valentine, voomish, wacky about, wand of love, wear the ring, zoophilist
Link to this page:
- trouser mauser
- trouser olympics
- trouser rouser
- trouser serpent in the grass
- trouser snake
- trouser snake CPR
- trouser tent
- trouser toy
- trouser trick
- trouser trout