The Language of Love, Lust, Sexand All the Many-Splendored Things in Between in Teenspeak - Jockspeak - Menglish - Slanglish - Spanglish Gaylese - Americanese - Britspeak - Ozslang - Funetic Populo-Vulgar Speech - T-Shirt & Net Shorthand Pompo-Verbosity & other Figurative Lingos
|Dictionaries:||Sexual Dictionary||Dictionary of the F-Word|
(1) Cyber-chatter Iceman, Angela Bennett (Sandra Bullock) and Cyberbob in The Net (1995):
-- Iceman: ' So, what do you want in a man? '
-- Angela: ' Butch, beautiful, brilliant, Captain America meets Albert Schweitzer. Spends all day dashing into the Free while making world safe for democracy; at night playing Bach Cantatas while curing cancer .'
-- Cyberbob: 'Settle for a guy who puts the seat down? '
(2) Captain (Geoffrey Lewis) to Cash (Kurt Rusell) dressed in-drags in Tango and Cash (1989): ' I suggest you slip-into something a little more butch .'
2. Noun and adjective to describe a masculine-looking lesbian , especially one who dresses and behaves in a stylized masculine manner; a mannish lesbian .
Synonyms: boon-dagger ; boonch ; bootch ; bull ; bull-bitch ; bull-dagger ; bull-dike(r); bull-dogger ; bumper ; butch-lesbian ; butch-dagger ; butz ; diesel-dyke ; dike ; dyke ; top-sergeant .
3. In lesbian relationships, the partner who assumes the active or dominant (male-identified) role as opposed to femme , the passive or submissive (female-identified) partner .
See also: femme ; butch/femme.
4. In gay parlance: a) butch is synonymous with active , top , dominant ; b) a butch-number , is a virile , but non-accessible heterosexual male. He's strictly butch, all-man .
5. In teenspeak, a close-cropped haircut. Synonym: crew cut .
Link to this page:
|bust a nut |
bust one's beads
bust one's gut
bust one's nuts
bust some booty
bust some suds
bust someone out
bust your nuts
| butch as Kong|
butch in the streets
butch it up